Thursday, May 7, 2015

'To Mom, With Love'


Before you get to find it, let me confess that I ditched the theme of this blog, for the sake of goodness, positivity and love. Yes, I’ve decided to stay away from complaining and whining, at least in this post. I’ll be unashamedly conformist and clearly biased.  After all, it’s my choice!!!

On a serious note, why I can’t afford to grumble and criticize someone for something at this moment is because my heart is full of love, kindness, faith and peace. Nor is anything unfavorable happening in my life that I want to complain about.

Wondering what happened to me suddenly? Who’s influencing my thoughts and actions? Why a person like me, who is always criticizing something or other, is talking of love?

Hold your horses, everyone! I know you’ve been blessed with vivid imagination. So, before it runs wild, I suggest you to take a look at the title of this post. It’s nothing but a humble attempt at showing honor to my wonderful mother. Quickly, I reach to this conclusion that she is the best person I could ever be with.

I’m sure each of you will agree that none of us would have been the persons we are, without our mothers. I also believe that you won’t mind deviating from your stance ‘every day is Mother’s Day’ and make your mom feel special on this Mother’s Day (May 10, 2015). I know what we owe our mothers is incalculable. And in no way can this make up for our ungrateful tantrums that she’s been enduring.

But as we know, our moms will be more than happy to receive a special gesture from us on this day. So, why not plan something for her and celebrate the most important woman in our lives? Think about it. I’m convinced that you’ll find some sense in it. You may have different approaches and ways to celebrate. But in end what’s important is ‘celebration of motherhood’.


As Mother’s Day is approaching, I’ve been looking for a gift worthy of this lovely lady in my life. I’m checking out stores, browsing online shops, seeking gift ideas and reading ‘how to’ guides to make my mum feel special. Though I’m scrapped for time, but I don’t want to settle on to something unworthy.

Frankly speaking, I couldn’t find a single gift idea worthy of the most special woman in my life. But what I found was more thrilling and worth sharing. It is unusual but welcoming.

When browsing the web for Mother’s Day ideas, I came across some articles that talked about the unusual and unexpected initiatives that companies are taking to make the lives of mothers easy. They are realizing how brilliantly working mothers are balancing their professional and personal commitments; thus, are amending their policies to accommodate their special needs.

Vodafone Group, the global telecommunications company has decided to set a global minimum for its maternity leave policy. All of the group’s 30 companies around the globe will offer at least 16 weeks of paid maternity leave. Additional benefits, including reduced working hours and no deduction in salaries will also be offered to female employees after giving birth. I accidently landed on this article but I’m glad that I found it. Their effort may not be a Mother’s Day special but their gift to female employees deserves a special mention.

The question I’m asking you is when businesses can think of mothers and take a step in this direction, why can’t we? When organizations are putting a lot of value in women and motherhood, why can’t we? Why can’t we share our mother’s responsibilities?

Most of us underestimate our mums for what they do. Very few of us realize how difficult it is for them to manage a household or balance work and home. Can’t we take this opportunity to thank her for her years-long contribution? Can’t we help them in daily chores and make their lives simpler?
Yes, we can! What better gift will be than this?

And not only children, even men can make their women feel special on this occasion. So what if your kids are too young to celebrate their lovely mother? You can do this on their behalf and create memories that you can relish later in life. Why don’t you get into her shoes and handle one of the hardest jobs for just 48 hours? Here, you can ditch conformity and assume the role of the mommy of the house and let your wife relax this weekend?

Or you can be a part of Tough Mother Weekend campaign that’s currently going on in Australia. A Melbourne woman is challenging fathers to single handedly take care of children and manage household chores. They were to assume the role of mothers the last weekend. But it’s never too late to make your wife feel special. Take this challenge on the coming weekend and pay tribute to the woman in your life.

What I’m going to do is – send a surprise gift to my mom as I won’t be able to be with her and thank her for everything she did and endured for me, with a message ‘To Mom, With Love’.


No comments: